Qualifications to start the course
Students must have five GCSEs including English, Mathematics and Science graded A* – C Additional requirements for this subject: Students must have GCSE Urdu at grade B or above.
Description of the subject
The Urdu AS and A2 Level courses form a natural progression from GCSE, building on practical skills to enable you to understand and communicate in the written and spoken language for a variety of purposes in the world of work and leisure. Emphasis is placed on the development of personal and intellectual as well as linguistic skills.
What you will do
- Discuss topical issues such as the environment and racism, in Urdu
- Read Urdu newspapers and magazines
- Learn about current affairs and the Urdu way of life from TV and radio
- Use the internet for information and communication
- Learn about Pakistani history and culture
- Speaking exam
- Reading, Writing and Listening exam.
An advanced language qualification is very highly regarded by employers, universities and colleges.
- Greatly enhanced employment possibilities throughout the increasingly global economy
- A range of study and career opportunities in fields such as Travel and Tourism, Education, Politics, Law, Journalism, Trade, Marketing and Publishing
- Communication and personal skills to benefit any future direction chosen.